GPAF Home Page

How to apply for help

How you can help GPAF

Miracles in action

Who we are




Donate Your Car To Benefit GPAF
Cars 4 Causes
Car Donation Logo

Car Donation

What We Do:

GPAF acts as an interim agency to help people who have been diagnosed by a licensed physician as having a life-threatening illness.  We give aid to those in need until ongoing assistance can be obtained through other channels or agencies.  To receive assistance, the applicant must provide all of the following:

  • Proof of Diagnosis - an original letter or diagnostic sheet signed by a California Board Certified Physician, including their state license number.
  • Evidence of Application for Government Assistance - includes Social Security Disability (SSD), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), General Assistance, Aid for Families with Dependent Children (AFDC).
  • Evidence of Current Living Expenses - receipt from landlord for current expenses, a signed lease, current unpaid utility bills, bank statements.
  • A Photo ID or Other Valid Identification.
  • A Signed Hold-Harmless Agreement.

We want our clients to maintain their independence and dignity.  We help them to have a home atmosphere that is as normal as possible for as long as possible.  We make rent and utility payments, pay for prescriptions, arrange for transportation, pay for emergency lodging, and provide for various other needs on a per-case basis.  GPAF also makes referrals to other social service agencies.  For more details on our organization, please see Who We Are.

GPAF raises money through fundraising events and tax deductible contributions.  We receive funds through the payroll deduction plan, memorial funds, wills, grants and private & corporate gifts.  More than 96% of every dollar received goes to our clients' needs.

We bridge the survival gap for the terminally ill.

Please help us with your
 tax deductible donation.

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for our Email Newsletter
For Email Marketing you can trust